Completely in high gear today. It helps that I’m taking tomorrow afternoon off and don’t want to come back to anything ugly on Monday. Feels really good to make a dent into my inbox…
Alan got the young man’s car inspected and new tires put on. Bet he wishes he knew what it was… (Hint – It’s not an Audi R8, nor a Mitsubishi Spider!) Something a bit more staid perhaps, but heck, it’s free. Wish my parents had gotten me a car for graduating college whatever it was… On the other hand, I didn’t get my bachelor’s so I’ll never know.
Scrapbooking Friday night. Which is good because I’ve fallen so far behind of late. My life consists of work, seminary and sleep. My tv time has even shrunk — not that that’s a bad thing!
Found this beyond yummy library in my travels today, and I so want it!! Okay floor to ceiling bookshelves make me drool, but the lighting and cosiness of it are just moving.
Can’t seem to settle down in my reading. I’ve started yet another book, In A Heartbeat by Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy. I just love Leigh Anne. No, I don’t actually know her, but from her interviews and the like she seems every bit as delightful as the character Sandra Bullock played in The Blindside. I contacted her booking agent to see what she’s charging these days for speaking engagements. Perhaps I can find a group that will kick in and get her here. For now, I’m thinking I’m going to talk to Alan about a suggestion my girlfriend Coreena made. Giving away food gift cards (in lieu of money) to the homeless. Not something that we have to spend a lot on, but helpful and I don’t have to worry that I’m giving my money to someone who will use it for other than survival. I know we’re supposed to give without strings, but it would wreck my day to give money to someone who drank it up or blew it up their nose, when I could have given someone a hot meal instead. Maybe I’ll stick with my soup kitchen donations. I’m not quite ready… Sigh…
I’m excited. Only one week away from women’s convention. This year they’re holding it at their church. While I don’t subscribe to all their same beliefs there’s enough down to earth home grown truths that I really hate to miss going! So I’m not. Just going Friday and Saturday this year, but still pretty psyched. http://www.intlfamilychurch.com/newc/
What else? Oh, I found a blog (which I of course can’t now refind) that had a cool 30 day blogging challenge and was only up to day two. If anyone knows where I can find this let me know. I’d love to get in on the other 28 days! By the way, I totally copied most of her 15 Facts. They just fit!
30 Day Blogging Challenge
Day 1: 15 facts about yourself along with a picture of you.
1. Everything about me is based on my unshakeable faith in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
2. My family rocks. Seriously though, I don’t think you’ll ever meet better people in your life.
3. I swear to you I have the best friends in the whole wide world! It boggles my mind how many incredible friends I’ve been blessed with.
4. I’m the founder of an awesome bookclub. I’m currently the only member, but we are always accepting applications…..
5. I’m deathly afraid of snakes, but I don’t mind lizards
6. I want to go to Ireland, Italy and China and pretty much any and everywhere in the world I haven’t been yet.
7. I’m a journal writer. I have dozens of journals that I’ve filled over the course of my life
8. I’m obsessed with ??? , and I legitimately wish that ???
9. I have a deep love and passion for music. All kinds of music! I love to sing and dance although I’ve lost my voice and do not have the moves any longer.
10. I have a library (a full shelf does too count as a library) of books on the Titanic and a shelf on Christmas. Aside from the masses of other books I have (lots and lots of shelves.
11. My absolute dream job would be a museum curator!
12. I have 2 incurable habits: a) I collect cheap ballpoint pens (usually by accident) and b) whenever I sit in a meeting, I have to write. Usually a list.
13. I have rheumatoid arthritis and as grateful as I am for modern medicine would love to be done with pills and shots and tests and the like.
14. I enjoy action movies nearly (but not quite) as much as I love romance movies.
15. I have a good memory for faces, but I’m at a complete loss with names.
Day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been closeset with the longest.
(Me and my little brother Gene . I’ll have to track one down.) Otherwise, I could attach a picture of my oldest childrest or my husband or you could see the picture of Coreena and I above.
Loving the 30 day challenge and sincerely hoping I can find it again. Want to play along? Comment below with the link to your blog and your challenge responses.